Shopping locally is more popular than ever before, and with good reason. Discover for yourself the benefits of shopping close to home at the Shops of Norton Commons.
- Local businesses offer enhanced customer service. They know their products and excel in attention to detail. Shop and restaurant owners in the Norton Commons community are known to go the extra mile. Shopping locally also allows you to build a relationship with the shop or restaurant owner.
- Probably the most exciting reason to shop locally is that one-of-a kind businesses mean you can find one-of-a kind gifts and products! The Shops of Norton Commons have distinctive character and unique products, including on-trend apparel, jewelry, accessories, and gifts.
- When you shop locally, your shopping dollars stay in your community. Local business owners put the money you spend with them back in the local economy to support other local businesses and charities. When you spend $100 locally, $68 stays local. Spending $100 at a national chain leaves only $43 in your community. (“What Happens When You Shop Local.” org. 17 Nov. 2016.)
- When you dine at a local restaurant, 79% is returned to the community versus only 30% for national chains. (Mitchell, Stacy. “Key Studies: Why Local Matters”. ILSR.org. Institute for Local Self-Reliance. 8 Jan. 2016. Web. 18 Nov. 2016.)
- The convenience of shopping locally means you avoid mall traffic and congested parking.
- Shopping locally provides jobs in your community. Small businesses are the largest employers nationally. (“American Business is Overwhelmingly Small Business.” org. Small Business and Entrepreneurship Council. 18 Nov. 2016.) Shopping locally is an investment in your community and gives you more choices, quality, and convenience.
One of the distinctive shops in Norton Commons is the charming boutique 7 Southern Giraffes located at 10618 Meeting Street. This shop has been described as “classic southern chic combined with trendy styles”. You will find wedding gifts, apparel, handbags, jewelry, and home décor that are as unique as the shop’s name.
Owner Stephanie Hilpp is a huge proponent of shopping locally. “Shopping where your neighbors and family live and work helps boost our economy and keeps the money in our area. Shop, live, and work close by.” For this holiday season, Stephanie is most excited about personalized and monogrammed items, especially the platters and ornaments you will find at 7 Southern Giraffes. Take advantage of 15% off during the Norton Commons’ Holiday Open House. Also, 7 Southern Giraffes will host its own Open House on December 10 with refreshments and 15% off your purchase.
There’s no better time to shop locally than the Norton Commons’ Holiday Open House on Saturday, December 3. Our shops will have their best foot forward with festive holiday decorations and seasonal cheer. Many shops, like Lulubelles and 7 Southern Giraffes, will offer special discounts. You’ll find a special trunk show at Something Blue. Take a shopping break for lunch or dinner or enjoy a cocktail at one of Norton Commons’ many award-winning restaurants or bars.
You can also take a carriage ride or have a picture made with Santa in our Town Center! And before you leave, bring the fragrance of pine and fir home with you by stopping at the Christmas tree lot at 10401 Meeting Street. You can go home with a fresh-cut tree, wreath, or garland.
As a special treat, you might just hear music in the air! Carolers will be making the rounds of the neighborhood starting at 5:30 in the evening so listen for your holiday favorite.